What Types of Information Do We Collect From You?
We gather three basic types of information through the Site: “Personally Identifiable Information” (or “PII”), “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (or “Non-PII”) and “IP Addresses.”
Personally Identifiable Information identifies a person as an individual. You do not have to provide PII to use the Site, but we may ask that you do so when we are providing opportunities to you through the Site. The information we ask for will depend on what opportunity we are providing but may include your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, and for purchases, your credit card number including any validation code. We may also provide functionality so that you can send messages about Site-related content to a friend. By using this functionality, you affirm that you are entitled to provide us with the recipient’s name and email address for this purpose.
IP Addresses. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time of your visit and the pages that you visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
Personally Identifiable Information. We may use PII:
- to fulfill your requests such as to send newsletters to you or complete your purchases.
- to send you important information about the Site, or changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information may be important to your use of the Site, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications.
- to tell you about any products, services and promotions we believe may be of interest to you.
- to send messages you have chosen to send to a friend through the Site. We will not use your friend’s PII except to enable the message to be sent, unless we disclose any other use purpose to you when you provide this PII. Your friend will be able to see your name and email address.
- for internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information. This does not personally identify you. We may combine Non-PII with PII, such as combining your geographic location with your name, but if we do this the information will be treated by us as PII for so long as it is combined. We may aggregate PII such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, for example by using PII to calculate the percentage of our users who like a particular products.
IP Addresses. We use IP addresses for the same purposes for which we use PII and in addition for calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site and your use of it including providing opportunities to you and fulfilling your requests and purchases. Except where otherwise required by law, we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Non-PII.
Legal Requirements. We may use PII, Non-PII and IP Addresses for any purpose required or permitted by the law of any country.
How Do We Disclose Information?
- to third parties who provide services to us, so that they can provide the services, such as data analysis, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing and other similar services.
- to our affiliates or a third party if we reorganize, merge, sell, assign, transfer or dispose of all or any part of our business, assets or stock.
- to comply with legal process, to respond to requests from governmental and/or public authorities of any country in which we operate, to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect our operations, to protect your, our, our products’ rights, privacy, safety or property, and to enable us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Important Notices.
Third Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visit to this Site to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this Site, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit http://networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
Security. We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect PII under our control. Security measures and tools, such as firewalls, are in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us sensitive information through e-mail. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at the contact address given below. If you choose to notify us by physical mail this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem.
Opt-Out. If you change your mind, and no longer wish to receive marketing-related e-mails from us, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related e-mails and from this sharing by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org making it clear in your email that you wish to opt-out. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. If you do opt-out.
Changing or Suppressing PII. If you would like to review, correct, update or suppress PII about you that has been previously provided to us through the Site, you may contact us by emailing us at email@example.com. We may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. We may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
Note Regarding the Use of the Site by Children. The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide PII through the Site.
Jurisdictional Issues. We do not represent or warrant that the Site, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site's availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion. By using the Site and submitting any PII, you consent to the transfer of PII to other countries, which may provide a different level of data security than in your country of residence.
Keeping Your Records. We keep records for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner and, where required by applicable law we will notify you when such information has been disposed of.
Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information in your email correspondence with us.